Action Links are web links that are integrated with your CustomerHub website. These links are similar to Infusionsoft's email Automation Links. Because CustomerHub is tightly integrated with your Infusionsoft Application links, the Action Links can trigger Action Sets in Infusionsoft. These Action Sets automatically make changes to a member's Infusionsoft contact record.
Action Links can be merged into the Pages and Partials throughout your CustomerHub website. They can be used to:
- Create a one-click upsell using the Create an Order Action in Infusionsoft.
- Give members access to new CustomerHub Pages or Partials using the Create an Order Action (required for paid subscription product content) and / or Apply / Remove a Tag Action.
- Tracking member activity or interests using the Apply / Remove a Tag Action.
- Request assistance using the Create a Task Action.
- Communicate with the Member using the Send an Email Action.
- And more...
Before you create an Action Link in CustomerHub, you will need to create a related Action Set in Infusionsoft 🔗 (or make sure the Action Set exists). You will search for the Action Set by name in CustomerHub, so it is best-practice to use CustomerHub in the name when you create a new Action Set.
Note: Action Sets work with Classic Infusionsoft ONLY
- Go to Library > Action Links
- Click on create link
- Enter a Name (e.g., Upgrade to Gold Member). The name should be short and describe the Action that takes place when it is clicked.
- Enter the Link text. This is the hyperlinked text the member will see on the page. This converts the long, ugly URL to a text hyperlink.
- (Optional) Enter a Permalink (e.g. gold). The Action Link uses the link name by default. This field allows you to customize the URL, overriding the default.
- Click Save
- Start typing the name of the Action Set you wish to run when someone clicks the link and click the select link next to it. The action set must be created in Infusionsoft before selecting it. If you do not want to run permanent changes, then you do not need to select an action set.
- In this section, you will define a temporary permission level. You can select a specific permission level or you can select Create new/custom and choose which specific tags and/or subscriptions you want to temporarily apply. REMEMBER: When you temporarily apply a permission level, it will temporarily apply every tag/subscription that is associated with that permission level. Temporary Permissions are necessary if you want the member to see something change in their current session. These permissions will only be active in the member's active session and will disappear when they sign out of CustomerHub.
- In this section, you will define which permission level we want to temporarily remove. You can select a specific permission level or you can select Create new/custom and choose which specific tags and/or subscriptions you want to temporarily remove. REMEMBER: When you temporarily remove a permission level, it will temporarily remove every tag/subscription that is associated with that permission level.
- Select the web page the person will see when the link is clicked
- Click Save
Pro tip: Most of the time, the customer will go to another CustomerHub page, but you can send them to a custom URL if needed. Here are some possible scenarios
- Stay on the page they were viewing when the link was clicked (e.g. If the member clicks on an Upgrade link in a Teaser to unlock a Partial)
- Go to a Welcome Page for a new Membership Program if they upgraded levels
- A web page or Order Form hosted outside of CustomerHub