CustomerHub provides you with a secure website with a 256 secure encrypted connection using a SSL certificate. This means that the videos you use within CustomerHub should be hosted on a secure server too; otherwise some Internet browsers may display security warnings.
To make it easy for you to host videos in a secure location, CustomerHub includes an all-in-one video hosting, streaming, and delivery service. This allows you to store videos (up to HD 1080p Video - up to 10 GB per file) within your CustomerHub application rather than managing video through a third-party service (e.g. Vimeo).
It can take some time to process large video files, so we recommend you produce the smallest video file possible that meets your quality standards. CustomerHub automatically encodes uploaded videos to ensure optimal speed and playback compatibility across multiple browsers and mobile platforms, including those requiring HTML 5.
The encoding process transforms the video files to h264 (mp4) and webm formats. If you produce the original file in one of these two formats the encoding process will take less time. Once uploaded, it is easy to merge the videos into Pages and Partials.
Upload a video to your media library
- Go to Library > Video
- Click Upload Video button
- Drag and drop your video file or click on Select File to browse your computer and select a video to upload.
- Video will begin uploading and display "success!" when complete.
- Click on back to go to your video library to view the video you just uploaded and verify the system finishes encoding it.
Add a video to a page
- To merge a video onto a CustomerHub page, Click into the WYSIWYG editor where you want to insert a file.
- Click on the Video media tab and click the name of the file to insert it into the page. Note: You can enter a filename into the Search field to find a file more quickly in larger media libraries.
Please be Patient. Large files take longer to encode. You can continue working on other tasks and check back later to verify success.
You cannot revise videos once they've been uploaded to CustomerHub. If you need to replace a video you will first upload a new one. After you upload the new video, you will need to edit the Pages and Partials where it is used to remove the old video merge link and insert the new one. Once you've finished updating the Pages and Partials, go back to the video library (Library > Video), and click on the delete button to permanently remove the old video.
Manage Video Settings
General Info tab
- Name - change the video name so it's recognizable by your members
- Maximum Player Width - by default the max width of a video player (this does not refer to video definition) will be 640px. You can change the size of the player here.
- Lightbox - display a popup player when a member clicks video on your page
- Description - add a short video description here. Note: this only applies to the video gallery page type.
1. Select from an automatically generated thumbnails that will display on the video player view.
2. Upload a custom video thumbnail image.
Pro TIP: upload an image that is the same dimensions as your specified max video player width. We recommend using graphic design software like Photoshop or Canva.
Video permissions only apply to the video gallery page type.