Partial permissions are based on member groups. Each partial can be merged into multiple pages of your CustomerHub website. This makes it easier to manage repetitive updates, promote additional products, or upsell members on appropriate pages. Member Groups can be created in advance, then assigned to a Partial. They can also be created "on the fly" when you are configuring partial permissions.
By default, the visitor will either see partial content within a page, or the content will be hidden from them. Partials have an additional feature called a "teaser" that allows you to display a message to members who do not have permission to view a specific piece of content. The Teaser message is displayed until the person becomes part of the required member group that has access to see the content. This can happen through a purchase, a click on a CustomerHub Action link, completion of a survey or other web form, etc.
- Go to Library > Partials
- Click the name of a Partial you wish to edit.
- Click on the Permissions tab and select Certain Members (Permissions) from the access drop-down.
- Select the member group(s) you've already created by clicking inside the text box, or select edit all groups to add a new one.
- (Optional) You can add custom permissions as well. The criteria are based on Infusionsoft Tags, Subscriptions, or a combination of both. You must select at least one criteria. Pro tip: If you use both Subscriptions and Tags to define permissions, CustomerHub will check the contact record in Infusionsoft and give them access as long as they meet the Subscription criteria OR the Tag criteria. The member does not need to meet both.
- (Optional) Mark the check-box if you want to display a Teaser to site visitors who do not meet permission criteria for the Partial. Use the editor to add text or merge in multimedia files (e.g. video)
- Click Save