Action Links are web links that are integrated with your CustomerHub website. These links are similar to Infusionsoft's email Automation Links. Because CustomerHub is tightly integrated with your Infusionsoft Application links, the Action Links can trigger a Tag Applied campaign goal or run Action Sets in Infusionsoft. These actions automatically make changes to a member's CustomerHub permissions and Infusionsoft contact record.
Action Links can be merged into the Pages and Partials throughout your CustomerHub website. They can be used to:
- Create a one-click upsell using the Create an Order sequence process OR create an order actionset process.
- Give members access to new CustomerHub Pages or Partials using the Create an Order sequence process OR create an order actionset process.(required for paid subscription product content) and / or Apply / Remove a Tag Action.
- Tracking member activity or interests
- Request assistance using the Create a Task Action.
- Communicate with the Member using the Send an Email Action.
- And more...
Create an Action Link
- Go to Library > Action Links
- Click on create link
- Enter a Name (e.g., Upgrade to Gold Member). The name should be short and describe the Action that takes place when it is clicked.
- Enter the Link text. This is the hyperlinked text the member will see on the page. This converts the long, ugly URL to a text hyperlink.
- (Optional) Enter a Permalink (e.g. gold). The Action Link uses the link name by default. This field allows you to customize the URL, overriding the default.
- Click Save
Configure Action Link Automation
Use this tag to initiate any automation inside an Infusionsoft campaign. We also apply this tag to the member's permissions for you.
Add an Action Link to a page
Open the page you wish to add an Action Link to. Select the Action Links tab from the right hand media picker toolbar.
Click the desired Action to embed the link o to your pages content Area.
Pro tip: Most of the time, the customer will go to another CustomerHub page, but you can send them to a custom URL if needed. Here are some possible scenarios
- Stay on the page they were viewing when the link was clicked (e.g. If the member clicks on an Upgrade link in a Teaser to unlock a Partial)
- Go to a Welcome Page for a new Membership Program if they upgraded levels
- A web page or Order Form hosted outside of CustomerHub
LEGACY SETUP - Configure an Action Link
Before you create an Action Link and use the legacy setup in CustomerHub, you will need to create a related Action Set in Infusionsoft 🔗 (or make sure the Action Set exists). You will search for the Action Set by name in CustomerHub, so it is best-practice to use CustomerHub in the name when you create a new Action Set.
Note: Action Sets work with Infusionsoft by Keap ONLY
Step 1: Run this Infusionsoft Action Set
Select an Infusionsoft Action Set you wish to run when someone clicks the Action link.
NOTE: The action set must be created in Infusionsoft before selecting it. If you do not want to run permanent changes, then you do not need to select an action set.
Step 2: Temporarily ADD these Permissions
In this section, you will define a temporary permission level. You can select a specific permission level or you can select Create new/custom and choose which specific tags and/or subscriptions you want to temporarily apply.
REMEMBER: When you temporarily apply a permission level, it will temporarily apply every tag/subscription that is associated with that permission level. Temporary Permissions are necessary if you want the member to see something change in their current session. These permissions will only be active in the member's active session and will disappear when they sign out of CustomerHub.
Step 3: Temporarily REMOVE these Permissions
In this section, you will define which permission level we want to temporarily remove. You can select a specific permission level or you can select Create new/custom and choose which specific tags and/or subscriptions you want to temporarily remove.
REMEMBER: When you temporarily remove a permission level, it will temporarily remove every tag/subscription that is associated with that permission level.
Step 4: Redirect to
Select the web page the member will be redirected to when the link is clicked. This can be another existing page on your CustomerHub website or an external URL.