Due to recent Facebook updates, the following features are no longer available/working.
- Facebook Activity Feed
- Like Box
Like & Send button
The Facebook integration allows you to add a Like & Send button to pages and partials so that your members can share content. When someone "likes" a page in your site they are added to the Facepile display.
- Like Button: The Like button lets people quickly share content with their friends. A single click on the button will 'like' pieces of content on the web, which shares them back to Facebook, where they can be seen by friends and re-shared. When a follower who is also a member of your CustomerHub site clicks on this link, they can log into your site and view the shared content. When a follower who is not a member clicks on the link, they will go to the Redirect URL you set up when you enabled the Facebook integration.
- Send Button: When a member clicks on the Send button, they are able to send a private message to a Facebook friend or any email address. The member's friend receives a direct message that includes a link to the CustomerHub page. If they are not a member, they are taken to the Redirect URL you entered into the Facebook Add-On settings.
- To Add the Facebook Like & Send Button to a CustomerHub Page, go to Pages.
- Open the Page or Subpage you want to edit.
- Put your cursor in the page editor to select a location for the Like button (above or below the page content.)
- Click on the Facebook merge icon
- Click on the Like Button link to add the button to the page.
- Save the Page.
The Facebook comments feature allows your members to post feedback or thoughts about the content they are viewing on the page (e.g. a featured video). This powerful tool adds a "community" type interaction to any page of your membership site.
Through the Comments section, your members can:
- Share a comment or ask a question about the page content
- Post the comment or question to their own Facebook profile page
- Reply to another member's comment or question
- Add other members to their own Facebook network
- Follow discussions that they are participating in, or ones that interest them, even if they are not participating
To add the Facebook Comments feature:
- Go to Pages and open a page or subpage to edit it
- Click on the General Info tab
- Go to the Facebook Comments section and mark the check-box to turn on the comments
- (Optional) Enter a width (e.g. 300px) to adjust the width of the comments display, if needed
- Save the changes
Important note: After you add Facebook Comments to your CustomerHub website pages, you need to make sure you monitor them. The comments may include questions, feedback, requests for help, or ideas for additional content. The Facebook Comments tool is a two-way conversation. You want to make sure someone is dedicated to responding when appropriate. You can either moderate comments by viewing individual pages or view all of the site comments through Facebook. To be a moderator, you must be logged into Facebook and Customer Hub AND your Facebook profile must be listed in the CustomerHub Facebook Settings. If more than one person is responsible for moderating comments you can enter multiple profile IDs into this field (Settings > Add-Ons).
To moderate comments:
- Go to: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/comments
- Once logged in, make sure you have your CustomerHub app selected
- From this page you can mage all your comments.
- Log into CustomerHub and go to Admin > Integrations
- Click Settings link under the Facebook integration section
- Click the moderate comments link
- This will redirect you to: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/comments
Pro tip: If you choose to approve comments, they will not show up in CustomerHub until the moderator approves them. If you want to allow as many comments as possible, but want to keep inappropriate or "spammy" comments to a minimum, you can configure Blacklisted words.